Sunday, March 13, 2011

Broken hearted

Have you ever been so broken hearted that someone didn’t know Christ? Up until recently, I had been sad that people don’t know Christ but in the last month I have had an experience that has just made me so broken hearted that this person who is so dear to me, doesn’t know Christ. I have never experienced anything like this, it is constantly in my thought and I wonder how can I speak truth into this life. I am constantly praying over this person, that God would open the eyes and heart to see how much He loves them. I have cried, numerous times just wishing that they would open up to God and to me. Then tonight, it hit me, God felt that way about me at one time. When I was 17 I had period of time where I pretty much turn my back on God and most people, and now I can only imagine the emotions I put God through and how my actions must have grieved Him. Tonight, I was reminded of what He did for me on the cross and I just sat in awe because I realized that the way I feel over this person, God has felt that way over me.

Do you realize tonight that if you aren’t walking with Jesus He is grieving over you? That he wants to have a relationship with you? That your actions are hurting Him? I had never realized that – but it’s true.

If you are walking with Jesus are you broken hearted over the people in your life who aren’t walking with Him? Are you reaching out to them? I’ve realized over these past few weeks that I shouldn’t just feel this way over one person, but over ever person that God puts in my path that doesn’t know Him. I should constantly be praying for and interacting with these people showing them love and watching for the open door to speak the Gospel into their life.

Lately, I have been so selfish with my prayers – ok not lately but for most of my life, it has been about what God can give me but now I want my prayer life and my life in general to be about what I can give to God. You know, I’ll make it if He decides never to give me a husband, or if through this chaos I lose my job. But if I let someone I love and care about go on without knowing that God loves them, then what good have I done here on Earth?

Something about today, has opened my eyes again to the joy of my salvation and I never want to forget it because I want to continue sharing it on a daily basis.

Lord,
First of all I lift to you this someone that you have placed in my life and I just pray that you will use me to interact with them and show them your love. Lord, you know this burden that has been on my heart and I just pray that you would use me and anyone else to open eyes and hearts to what you want done in this life. Lord, I pray that you use whatever circumstance necessary to bring them to you.

And Lord for myself and for those reading this that are walking with you I pray that you would never again let us forget the joy of our salvation. That we would constantly be sharing this joy with others that they may come to know you and then teachers others. Lord, let my life not be about me, let me become less so that you can become more.

Thank you Lord for what you did upon the cross, I stand amazed by it daily.
In Jesus Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment