Sunday, April 10, 2011

Trust

God is really teaching me a lesson in trust lately. As a teacher, it is a scary time, districts are cutting like crazy and I have this fear of having this house and not having a job. Beyond that I took a step and told a friend something that I knew would hurt her and I had been avoiding because she is so wonderful I never wanted to hurt her. Then for some reason I feel that God is having me spend a lot of time by myself lately and if you know me, you that drives me crazy!!! Yes I own my own home but I hate being here by myself, but through each of these God has said to me, “trust me.” Through all of this it has been an emotional weekend for me. But through worship this morning and again tonight, which were both wonderful, I could just hear God saying, “trust me” and I had to say “ok” which I realized is hard for me. I have been hurt in the past by boyfriends and friends and so I have come to realize it is hard for me to trust, because so many people have broken me and turned their back on me. But the great thing about God is that He will never break our trust, we can walk away from Him, but He will never walk away from us. God’s love is so much bigger than any human’s love we have ever experienced that we can’t even completely understand it. His love never ends, it amazes me. When I stepped out in trust and talked to a friend, it was a very healing time and it didn’t turn out the way I thought it would at all and I knew God had provided. He had shown His faithfulness as He does so many times, just begging me to put all my trust in Him, but I continue to stop short of fully trusting Him. But my desire is to fully surrender all to God, knowing that He has proven Himself through the cross, to love me more than I could ever imagine. He has always been worthy of my trust, I just haven’t always been willing to give it to Him. But I am honestly going to try from now on not to worry, but to live in the joy that each day brings, and know that tomorrow and its problems will come but God will provide enough strength for each day and every situation. Lord, thank You that You provide the strength we need for every situation and every moment of each day. Lord, You never cease to amaze me. Please help me to put my trust in You daily and to not worry about tomorrow, for today has enough troubles of its own. Help me to truly delight in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment