Sunday, April 11, 2010

Communication


Lately, I can’t seem to figure out where God is leading me. I think I understand and then I feel like He does a 180 and changes directions on me. I can’t seem to figure out what is my desire and what is His will and how they all fit together. Life has seemed so complicated in the last few weeks and I have wondered if he was even at work in my life at all.


And then I heard it – a still small that seemed as loud as someone screaming – I haven’t moved I’m still holding you together through all of this – but where have you been?

And I realized I have been so wrapped up in being busy that while it seemed I was having a relationship with God because I was doing Bible study and I was leading Bible study and I was volunteering at the church but I forgot the most important thing in all of this – to talk to Him about it all.


You can’t have a relationship without communication (Not sure how I really know that looking at my love life – but I know I have heard it) yet, I was trying to figure out the will of God in some really important stuff or things that at least seemed to be important without ever talking to Him directly about the situation. And reading this it seems so silly because I have known all along I have needed to ask for His direction but yet somehow I forgot to ask.


Life seems to get us so busy that we think we are having a relationship with God because we are doing all the “right” things but we aren’t really having a relationship because we aren’t talking to Him about anything. I think schedules must be one of Satan’s tools, because if we feel our schedules we often feel good about ourselves but if we get them to full even of good stuff we often get our focus off of God or forget to leave time to talk to Him.


So today if you haven’t talked to Him in a while take some to talk. I know I won’t get all the answers right away but it makes it a lot easier to accept when something happens when you know you’ve said – “Lord, not my will but yours be done” but don’t just say it to say – mean it, know that you really do want His will for your life – even if it means things don’t turn out like you think they should, because often they don’t because He has a bigger and better plan in mind and you won’t understand until you look back and see how He worked it all out.


Right now I don’t understand but I am trusting that He is working His will in my life – meaning that my life is bringing Him glory. And I can’t understand why in recent days He hasn’t allowed certain events in my life to happen but I can accept that He has a plan that only He knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment