Monday, June 28, 2010

When Love Takes Over


This week I experienced God in some pretty big ways. It was such an amazing time serving and worshipping and having fellowship with the kids. I will never be able to put all the God taught me this week into words. He renewed my passion for working with these kids. A passion which I had lost. I had forgotten why I was doing what I did, I had lost sight of how great it is to see kids grow in the love of God. But this week He reminded me of that in powerful ways.


But the sweetest lesson He taught me happened during worship. We had the privilege this week of worshipping with my friends, Ruah. All three of them have such sweet spirits and I love to watch them worship. Also, if you know me I love worship too. It has always been my favorite time of any church service. Years ago I was taught that we lift our hands in worship as an act of surrendering to God. Yet, at the beginning of this week I couldn't seem to lift my hands, especially not both of them and I could feel God calling me too. In that worship service God reminded me that I had trust Him to lift my hands in worship. In that moment I talked through everything I was struggling to trust Him with. My future spouse, if I would be teaching the rest of my life, starting a young adult Bible study and then I just gave it all to Him and raised both hands and cried. The rest of that week God challenged me not to hold onto any of those things but to always trust Him enough to surrender everything to Him.


These are only a few of the wonderful God moments that happened this week. Isn't it amazing how we serve we also learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment