Friday, January 15, 2010

Lord I gave you my heart
Asked you to protect it
Said I couldn’t deal with this heartbreak again
It hurt too much
To watch him go
But now it’s Friday night and I’m all alone
And so I pray you didn’t forget
And I pray that you will help me find
The one with whom I am to share this life
But until that day
And until I see
I pray that my love You would be
I’m tired of the loneliness
And the questions never seem to fade
But I know the plans You have will amaze
So show me each step to take
And show me the right way to go
Because without You I really am all alone
Please help me through another night
With the couples all around
When all I long for is a hand to hold
Remind me it’s worth the wait and the pain
And Lord please don’t forget
Keep him walking with You until that day
For a God written love story I pray.

Orginally written: May 23, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment