Friday, January 15, 2010

The Presence of God

This morning I stood in the presence of God and I was more aware of it than ever. If you were in the Annex this morning you know what I am talking about. Not only during worship but even during Terry’s message I could just sense God moving. It was amazing. I’m not sure that I have ever been in a service or anywhere for that matter that I have felt God like that.

And as I have gone through the day I have just been awed by God. Everything from the little things to the big things have just made me stand in awe of how He is working. It has been a day where I have been aware of what He is doing for the church and for me. And I have just felt ever overwhelmed by His presence in every moment. And I don’t want to lose this feeling I have today. But as the stress and emotions of this week have already started to creep up and remind me that Monday is so close, I can feel myself losing the feeling. Losing sight of the fact that I am standing in His presence and I don’t want to lose that, I want to always feel His presence like I did this morning, to always know that I am standing before my God and King. I want to focus more on Him and what He would have me do and more on myself and “problems.” I want to remember that His heart is unselfish and that I was created in His image.

Lord,
May I remember that I am always standing in your presence. That you will remind me that you are always with me and always working in my life. Lord, for everyone that reads this I pray that they will feel you as I have today. Help us all to focus more on the way you would do things and less on what we feel is going wrong in our lives.
In Jesus’ name,
Amen
Savior I come
Quiet my soul remember
Redemptions hill
Where Your blood was spilled
For my ransom
Everything I once held dear
I count it all as lost
Lead me to the cross
Where Your love poured out
Bring me to my knees
Lord I lay me down
Rid me of myself
I belong to You
Lead me, lead me to the cross
You were as I
Tempted and trialed
You are
The word became flesh
Bore my sin and death
Now you’re risen
To your heart
To your heart
Lead me to your heart
Lead me to your heart

Orginally written: October 19. 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment