Friday, January 15, 2010

Unexpected Love

As many of you know I love to write. And that I have the goal of one day writing a book and/or a Bible Study. But right now my life doesn’t have allow me the time to work on anything that huge so I decided to start this blog to share some of my inspirations for writing until I have the time to work on a big project.

Today I had one of the funniest experience I have had since working with kids. We are approach a 4 day weekend and so I was having the students share what they were going to do this weekend. Nothing out of the normal for our “morning meeting” time. As they finished and were walking back to their seats all of the girls one –by –one walked up and gave me a hug and then went on to their seat. I have no clue what inspired this outpouring of love, I hadn’t done anything out of the ordinary, I hadn’t said anything special but they each approached me to show me their love.

It made me thing about how we should approach God. He shouldn’t have to do anything huge to earn our love. He already did the biggest thing He could in sending his Son to die on the cross. Yet some days I am so guilty of expecting Him to do more for me. I expect Him to answer all my prayers the way I want Him to. But that’s not how He instructed to approach Him. Matthew 18 tells us, “He called a little child and had him stand among them. 3And he said: “I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.” The humble little child doesn’t love out of selfishness because He did something for us but the little child loves because you loved them. He is already shown us His love so we should be ready to pour our love out on Him.

Orginally written: May 22, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment